The fifth generation of the Ford Mustang, produced from 2005 to 2014, revitalized the iconic pony car with a modern design and enhanced performance. The 2005 Ford Mustang Convertible, part of this generation, marked a return to some of the classic styling cues while embracing a thoroughly modern approach.
Stylistically, the '05 Mustang Convertible drew inspiration from the original Mustangs of the 1960s, reintroducing some of the classic design elements while incorporating contemporary touches. It featured a more muscular and retro-inspired appearance with its bold grille, distinctive headlights, and a sculpted body, giving it an aggressive yet nostalgic look.
Performance-wise, the fifth-generation Mustang offered a range of powerful engines. Initially, the base engine was a 4.0-liter V6, while the GT models were powered by a potent 4.6-liter V8 engine. These engines delivered improved horsepower and torque compared to previous generations, enhancing the overall driving experience.
The convertible variant maintained its soft-top design, providing an open-air driving experience that captured the essence of the Mustang's appeal.
Inside, the '05 Mustang Convertible boasted a more refined interior compared to its predecessors, featuring higher-quality materials, improved ergonomics, and modern amenities such as advanced audio systems and optional navigation.
One of the significant advancements with the fifth-generation Mustang was the introduction of a more refined and sophisticated chassis and suspension setup, which significantly improved handling, ride quality, and overall performance.
This generation marked a resurgence of the Mustang's popularity, appealing to both longtime enthusiasts and a new generation of car buyers by blending classic design elements with contemporary technology and performance capabilities. The '05 Mustang Convertible played a pivotal role in re-establishing the Mustang as a modern and desirable sports car.
The replacement convertible roofs that we supply and fit are OEM parts. This ensures the highest quality and reliability for both you and your vehicle. Crafted with precision and adhering to strict standards, these roofs epitomise excellence in both performance and durability.
Convertible roof replacements featuring an encapsulated rear screen include a brand-new screen encapsulated within the new replacement roof.
We stand firmly behind our craftsmanship, offering a comprehensive 12-month guarantee on both our work and the roofs themselves. This warranty underscores our commitment to delivering not just superior products, but also the confidence and peace of mind that accompany our exceptional service and top-tier convertible roofs.
Available in a diverse array of colours, our selection allows you to personalise your vehicle while maintaining the assurance of OEM quality.
Common Faults Include....
- Failure in Hall sensor positioning, resulting in high AC voltage output
- Convertible top remains stuck in open position
- Leakage in hydraulic roof cylinders
- Dashboard warning indicating insecure roof or incomplete cycle
- Slow operation of roof mechanism
- Misalignment of frame affecting roof mechanism
- Water seepage through weather seals
- Insecure front roof attachment due to faulty catches
- Activation of 'roof not secure' warning while driving
- Torn, damaged, or frayed soft top fabric
- Failure of microswitch, leading to open circuit or high resistance
- Convertible top halts midway, unable to complete full cycle
- Failure of tonneau cover or rear lid to close
- Noisy pump or motor during roof operation
- Communication failure in CAN-BUS system
- Issues with stuck or damaged flaps.
- Intermittent functioning of the roof, unable to complete cycle
- Convertible top is immobilized in closed position
- Dryness or deterioration in weather seals
- Cracks in frame or deformation in rear bow
- Failure in roof or body control module, ECU corrosion or malfunction
- Faulty or deteriorated solder connections
- Damage in wiring loom, including split wires or connections
- Leakage in hydraulic roof hoses
- Foggy or cracked plastic rear window
- Non-functional switch for roof mechanism
- Boot lid fails to open
- Torn, frayed, or damaged headlining
- Obstruction in roof drains
- Difficulty in operating stiff manual front catches
- Shrinkage of weather seals, allowing visibility through gaps
- Inoperative front power windows
Should any of these issues be present, feel free to get in touch with us via phone, email, or by completing our contact form. Your communication is valuable to us.
At present, our inability to furnish pricing online stems from the dynamic nature of global economics, which has led to substantial fluctuations in the costs of parts and materials on a day-to-day basis. The intricate interplay of market forces, supply chain disruptions, and geopolitical factors has rendered pricing incredibly volatile, making it challenging to provide accurate and up-to-date figures in real-time.
As we remain committed to offering fair and transparent pricing to our customers, we find it prudent to ensure that any pricing information reflects the current market reality, hence our decision to refrain from online pricing until we can reliably provide figures that align with the ongoing fluctuations in the global economy.
For pricing concerning above make and model, contact us through via phone, email, or by completing the contact form provided below.
For immediate pricing information, we recommend contacting our office directly. We respond to emails and inquiries submitted via the contact form within a 24-hour timeframe.