The Jaguar XK and XKR convertibles were luxury grand tourers that succeeded the XK8 and XKR models. Produced from 2006 to 2014, these models continued Jaguar's legacy of offering elegant and powerful convertible cars.
Stylistically, the XK and XKR convertibles embodied Jaguar's iconic design language with a blend of classic and modern elements. They featured a sleek and aerodynamic profile, a long hood, and elegant lines that exuded sophistication and grace.
Under the hood, the XK Convertible initially came with a naturally aspirated 4.2-liter V8 engine, while the XKR was equipped with a supercharged version of the same engine. Later in the production, the XK and XKR models received an upgrade to a more powerful 5.0-liter V8 engine, offering improved performance and responsiveness.
The XKR, with its supercharged powerplant, delivered exhilarating performance, boasting higher horsepower and quicker acceleration compared to the XK variant, positioning it as the more performance-focused model in the lineup.
The interior of both models reflected Jaguar's commitment to luxury and refinement. They offered a premium cabin with high-quality materials, luxurious leather upholstery, and advanced technology, providing a comfortable and upscale driving experience.
The XK and XKR convertibles featured power-operated fabric roofs that could be easily raised or lowered, allowing for the enjoyment of open-air driving at the touch of a button.
Throughout their production, the XK and XKR convertibles received updates and enhancements, including improvements in technology, performance, and design elements, keeping them competitive in the luxury convertible segment.
These models were praised for their combination of performance, style, and luxury, appealing to drivers seeking a refined and powerful convertible with a blend of comfort and dynamic driving characteristics. They remain sought-after choices among enthusiasts for their timeless design and impressive performance capabilities.
The replacement convertible roofs that we supply and fit are OEM parts. This ensures the highest quality and reliability for both you and your vehicle. Crafted with precision and adhering to strict standards, these roofs epitomise excellence in both performance and durability.
Convertible roof replacements featuring an encapsulated rear screen include a brand-new screen encapsulated within the new replacement roof.
We stand firmly behind our craftsmanship, offering a comprehensive 12-month guarantee on both our work and the roofs themselves. This warranty underscores our commitment to delivering not just superior products, but also the confidence and peace of mind that accompany our exceptional service and top-tier convertible roofs.
Available in a diverse array of colours, our selection allows you to personalise your vehicle while maintaining the assurance of OEM quality.
Common Faults Include....
- Failure in Hall sensor positioning, resulting in high AC voltage output
- Convertible top remains stuck in open position
- Leakage in hydraulic roof cylinders
- Dashboard warning indicating insecure roof or incomplete cycle
- Slow operation of roof mechanism
- Misalignment of frame affecting roof mechanism
- Water seepage through weather seals
- Insecure front roof attachment due to faulty catches
- Activation of 'roof not secure' warning while driving
- Torn, damaged, or frayed soft top fabric
- Failure of microswitch, leading to open circuit or high resistance
- Convertible top halts midway, unable to complete full cycle
- Failure of tonneau cover or rear lid to close
- Noisy pump or motor during roof operation
- Communication failure in CAN-BUS system
- Issues with stuck or damaged flaps.
- Intermittent functioning of the roof, unable to complete cycle
- Convertible top is immobilized in closed position
- Dryness or deterioration in weather seals
- Cracks in frame or deformation in rear bow
- Failure in roof or body control module, ECU corrosion or malfunction
- Faulty or deteriorated solder connections
- Damage in wiring loom, including split wires or connections
- Leakage in hydraulic roof hoses
- Foggy or cracked plastic rear window
- Non-functional switch for roof mechanism
- Boot lid fails to open
- Torn, frayed, or damaged headlining
- Obstruction in roof drains
- Difficulty in operating stiff manual front catches
- Shrinkage of weather seals, allowing visibility through gaps
- Inoperative front power windows
Should any of these issues be present, feel free to get in touch with us via phone, email, or by completing our contact form. Your communication is valuable to us.
At present, our inability to furnish pricing online stems from the dynamic nature of global economics, which has led to substantial fluctuations in the costs of parts and materials on a day-to-day basis. The intricate interplay of market forces, supply chain disruptions, and geopolitical factors has rendered pricing incredibly volatile, making it challenging to provide accurate and up-to-date figures in real-time.
As we remain committed to offering fair and transparent pricing to our customers, we find it prudent to ensure that any pricing information reflects the current market reality, hence our decision to refrain from online pricing until we can reliably provide figures that align with the ongoing fluctuations in the global economy.
For pricing concerning above make and model, contact us through via phone, email, or by completing the contact form provided below.
For immediate pricing information, we recommend contacting our office directly. We respond to emails and inquiries submitted via the contact form within a 24-hour timeframe.